I meditated for 20 years. If someone asked me there is the meaning to meditate, I trouble to answer. I think, there is no sense to meditation.
When we meditate, it is said that stress is reduced, the body becomes healthy youthful, and the ability is improved.
I sometimes feel so. However, Things which happen to us will change every day. We have good days and bad days.
Even if we meditate, it is not always be happy. Sad thing occurs, sometimes get sick.
What is said to be effects of meditation can be obtained without a meditation. Methods other than the meditation would even be effective.
Just because, I do not think is wrong with it. I think it good to do it for the effective of meditation. However, the reason I've continued to meditation for 20 years is not the purpose to obtain the effect of meditation.
I wanted to experience the enlightenment of Buddha. It is unknown in the world, not to be seen easily by anyone. People who have experienced enlightenment does not talk a lot about it. What is enlightenment? I was very interested in enlightenment.
In the beginning, I tried to read a lot of books in order to know the enlightenment. Book on Buddhism is enormous. I kept reading Buddhist books. However, it was hard work to read and understand it.
Even as I read the book, it is not always possible to understand its content. In fact I could hardly understand it. I started reading another book while unable to understand the contents. This work was penance.
One day, I knew that the Buddha got enlightenment in meditation. Buddha is not got the enlightenment to read a lot of books. Because I was suffering from penance to read a book, I chose to meditate immediately.
However, when I meditate, it is not obtained the enlightenment immediately. Meditation is difficult to understand more than reading a book. I did not understand how to be able to get the enlightenment.
I learned some of the meditation method. I meditated every day. But I was still do not get the enlightenment. Meditation teacher explained about the meditation method, but did not talk me about enlightenment.
I've reread the book that I read before. Then I was able to understand the contents of the book. Words that had been felt difficult is understood well now.
I was found to what should I do with meditation. I continued to meditate in that way. And finally I got the enlightenment.
When I got the enlightenment, I was stunned. It was different from the enlightenment that was my expectations. If I got the enlightenment, my anxiety is fading, and I had thought that can live wrapped in a sense of happiness. However, the enlightenment did not cause such a thing at all.
I have not disappointed with it. Rather, I was satisfied with it. There is the enlightenment knowing oneself that is the existence. That's all. If anything has been added to it, pure of the enlightenment is impaired.
I will talk to be good for nothing meditation. By meditation, We should not expect something useful. By meditation useless anything, we are approaching to our essence.